Monday, December 5, 2011

A Comment and a Question...

So, I'm working on my paper (don't worry, there *will* be a rough draft tomorrow, it's just a matter of how rough it will be!) and I'm actually having a problem I've never had before.  After spending several weeks working on several long papers, I'm suddenly having a really hard time being concise!  My last few papers have been much longer, so when I finished my intro and inserted the thesis I had planned on writing, I suddenly realized that I was onto the second page, and I hadn't even gotten to my points yet!  I almost wish it were longer...almost.  Cutting is still easier than adding, though.

So, here's my thesis, and I'm curious what you think about it.  I won't bore you with a long history of publishing, just know that I've been talking about how publishers and authors started off on the right foot, then publishers started to take advantages on authors.


"How did this change come about?  While there are many factors that certainly contributed to these changes, it was mainly economic realities that caused the shift in the balance between these parties that caused this necessary shift."

What do you think? I didn't exactly follow Professor Burton's advice, mainly because I haven't found any good arguments against my thesis...yet. I am sure I will have some by Thursday. Excepting that minor detail, what does everyone think?

2 comments:

  1. I am probably one of the worst people to ask about peer editing so I will do my best to provide good feedback.
    I like the thesis but I think perhaps you should mention what exactly the changes are in your thesis. I've always thought that the thesis should be able to stand alone to present what the topic is (?)
    I understood what you were going to be writing about because I read the previous paragraph, but if you just said your thesis, the main question that I would think is "What changes?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Shuan said, and I would add that you might want to tie in what kind of long term effects these changes entailed. Maybe something like "necessary shift to ___" (if that's applicable to this topic, if not never mind)

    ReplyDelete