Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Different Path..

So when I was typing up the paper, I realized that I wanted to take the paper in a different direction. So I revamped my  thesis and intro paragraph.

Here it is:


          Since the start of elementary school, many students remember the multiple practice sheets taken home to repeatedly copy the same word over and over again to remember not only how to write the words but how to spell them. Orthography is the study devoted and concerned with letters and spelling of a language. Learning to read, while it may seem absurd to think it is especially difficult since the frustration once experienced took place, for the majority of the population, when they were very young. The acquisition of spelling is vital to orthographic knowledge that is gained while learning to read. Literacy is affected by the orthographic knowledge acquired because without learning how to spell correctly, word identification and comprehension become issues. Orthography has impacted general education in respects to literacy greatly and has affected how people gain the knowledge skills required to be able to read.

1 comment:

  1. Now it might just be the font confusing me as to which punctuation marks are periods and which are commas, but it still seemed rather choppy. The sentence (I think it's its own sentence) "Learning to read." should be added on as a clause to another sentence. Also I would change "respects" in the last sentence to "respect" and move "greatly" to say "has greatly impacted..." Just go through and check for minor grammatical changes to make it flow a little nicer. Otherwise I thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete