Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Make Up?


Well the assignment said to do something that was out of your comfort zone so what I decided on was to learn how to put on a little bit of makeup specifically eye liner and mascara. No just to let
you know how uncomfortable I was with this I will let you know that there happened to be a friend from my mission at my Rebecca's house while she was teaching me how to apply the
makeup. 


 


First off she demonstrated how I should put make up on by applying the eye liner and mascara to my eye. She told me that I needed to look up while to be able to apply eyeliner to the bottom eye lid. (She also complained to me that I have longer eye lashes than she does.) I only allowed her to apply the makeup to one of my eyes because I was so far out of my comfort zone that I could not take it any more. After the make
was applied to me I got the fun job of putting makeup on Rebecca.


Now I have to tell you that my job of putting makeup on her was a dismal failure!!!

The friend from my mission made a comment when he saw what the make up I had applied to her looked like and that comment was, "Well if you were trying to make it look like she had just gotten in a fight then you succeed." I put the eye liner on way to thick and when I applied the mascara to
Rebecca's eyelashes I managed to completely clump her eyelashes together. Make up is something that as a guy I really never think about or really have to ever worry about. The process of applying makeup is not something that I think I will ever master unless I happen to have to put makeup on a daughter when and if I have one.

The history of make up is interesting because through out the ages people have been trying to look presentable. Egyptians were some of the first known people to create makeup, now the things that they used were not the safest things, copper and lead ore, but they wanted to look good so they used these ores for a type of makeup. The look or the type of makeup that people use has changed throughout the ages. The thing that remains the same though is that to get the makeup on and have it look good requires practice and a steady hand. The practice of putting makeup on so that it looks alright takes time to accomplish and is not something that you can just read a package and go oh so this is how I'm supposed to apply this. It requires
knowledge from someone who already knows how to put the makeup on to really get the makeup to improve your look and not just make someone look scary.


1 comment:

  1. I like it! Haha, this actually brings back a lot of good memories for me.

    Okay, I probably have to explain that one, right? Back in high school I was the pianist for a melodrama troupe, and they absolutely insisted on putting makeup on me. I learned the bare-bones basics of it so I could do it myself.

    Anyway, you're very right. Putting on makeup is a skill, it takes time and patience to do it well. I for one am as glad as you are that us guys don't have to do it on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete